Sunday, May 31, 2009

GIS is my new volunteering outlet...

Okay, so I wrote the last post just the other day and posted it today, so their just now both going up.  

Anyway, just a few more pictures...  I'm currently having a margarita down at Dornan's uploading this stuff and then I'm back to the cabin.  Last night we had a potluck out at the ranch and i think about fifteen people ended up coming....  Amazing food was brought by all.  I made gumbo (I didn't fall asleep this time while cooking it, and it turned out much better), eggplant vegetable lasagna, curried korma beef tips, and a ton of other things...  including some awesome Duvall cookies from John.  

So, other very cool things going on with the internship... I'm volunteering on my friday's off with the GIS department.  Very fun work out in the field.  My roommate's in that department and the other day we headed out to Elk Ranch to record the locations of the historic irrigation system out in the fields.   

Anna and David and Steve and I went for a hike today in Targhee National Forest.  Tons of gorgeous flowers....  And time for me to get in better shape, we've been hiking a few times a week now, time to up the ante so I'll be ready to do Grand Teton in July.


Anyway, I miss everyone so much and I hope that all of my girls' & Chris'! internships are starting out well....  Again, please send me your number and addresses so I can give you a call and say hello! (and send postcards!)








1 comment:

  1. Hi Amelia, love this blog thing. Next you should try jambalaya. I use the recipe in La Bouche Creole for that. You could try one sausage like we usually have and another recipe with some of the game sausage i'm sure they have in your area. Interesting that you commented on the flowers. When we went to the Rockies or mainly in Rocky Mtn. NP when I was around 8 years old the thing I remember the most was the beautiful wild flowers. Like mom like daughter again I guess. Love you and miss you. Happy you're having a great time. Take care, Love, mom

    ReplyDelete